Monday, August 15, 2011

Gratitude Brings Me Back from the Pull of the EGO



It has been a challenging few days for me. My creative energy was blocked and I tried to force it through instead of taking time out to breathe. I was forgetting that the creative flow starts when I stop; stop thinking, stop doing, stop pushing. I was angry and frustrated and I got stuck in the negative downward spiral of the ego, who took the opportunity with gleeful joy to tell me that I would never do, be or have what I want.



My breather came today when I read a friend's blog called "Can you keep a smile on your face for the entire day?" (READ IT HERE!)
http://myownexperimentwithtruth.wordpress.com

The perseverance my friend had to complete the challenge was inspiring. While I wallowed with my happy ego, Patricia was out smiling her day away and making it great.  WHOOSH! Relief flowed through me. Gratitude poured into my heart. What a wonderful story. I began to breathe deeply, I began to re-focus and ground myself, and I began to smile. What an awesome way to spend the day!

 As I read the article, my ego began to have a temper tantrum, willing me to stay in this place of anger. Uh-oh, he is stomping his feet! Too bad, my little monster, I choose to be happy. I want to be happy. I want him to be quiet, or as my mother always says 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all'. He is not listening, but then again, I am not listening to him any longer, so we are even. Patricia's blog filled me with gratitude; Gratitude for her presence in my life, gratitude for her healing words, gratitude for reminding me that the power to be happy lies inside me and gratitude for that awareness.
~

It takes more muscles to frown than to smile, it is just that the ego likes to stomp on your eyebrows! The best thing to do when he dances on your forehead is to call him out. Acknowledge his presence and say, not today little man, I want to SMILE!!!



3 comments:

Christine Marto said...

Great stuff Lisa!

Lisa Molinelli said...

Thanks C! I am smiling now! :)

Patricia Tomasi said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!! One ego at a time we'll get them all!!! hahahaha!